Thursday, September 1, 2011

Moving day!

Bonjour mes amis!!!! i am happy to say that I'm currently out of the less-than-desirable dorms and into my amazingly wonderful french homestay house! There were some pretty serious problems with the area we were originally living in, so they moved everyone out into their respective homes. I'm living with a hilarious, kind, magnifique woman, who has welcomed me into her gorgeous home. I couldn't be happier! Right now, there's 9!!!!!! of us girls living here, but soon there will just be 2 (myself and my room mate). It's a lovely, quaint house, near the campus and not far from downtown. There are 3 resident chickens and a kitty named Tiger!!! It's so much fun having dinner each night, talking about our different experiences (en francais of course!)  My host mother is the most kind, caring woman. She has hosted 11 other exchange students before, but she said she can already tell that we are her favorite! it's really more than i could ask for. every meal she prepares is fresh, delicious and very french. Tonight I tried rabbit! it was delicious, but I couldn't help but think of the poor little rabbit who i was scarfing down : / Ive been mostly vegetarian here, and the food is formidable :))) Also, today was the first day I took the tram by myself, and it really hit me that I'm actually living here. C'est fou!!! (It's crazy!) As the year progresses, I know it will become second nature...but all I can think about now is that I've waited so long to live in this amazing country, and I am finally living out my dream.
      Our real classes start in a couple weeks, but for now us Californians are taking intense language courses to help us prepare. apparently the registration system is very disorganized, but we'll deal with it when the time comes. for now, we have to wake up très tot, donc je vais dormir! I miss everyone so much at home, but my life is already changing for the better here. Je suis tres heureuse, tous les temps :)
       A bientot!
          <3 <3 <3


1 comment: