Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quickie update

Bonjour bonjour! ahhh i am loving this beautiful place plus en plus every day :) we're all settling in finally, and things are a bit more calm. Erica's home (my french mama) is beyond amazing. i feel so at home here! i moved into my room and every morning i wake up to the chickens outside my window, and warm croissants and hot chocolate. j'adore la vie francaise! And, she makes hella good dinners too. Oh, and her 22 year old daughter just moved back home, and she is so so cool! so i have a friend! yayyy.

Hmm quoi d'autre... mes amis et moi have had several adventures exploring the town. it's a trip walking around, because here you have all these old, gorgeous buildings and streets, and then there's a mcdonald's just chillin right next to a thousand year old cathedral. such a dichotomy! but im obsessed with this european style. it makes me so critical of the states! there are a few amenities that i miss of course, like a stand-up shower. it is a hurdle i have to overcome every day to not flood the bathroom floor while i try to bathe. i'm starting to get the trick though! it's all about adjustment right?

It's dinner time so i have to cut it short! i keep thinking of things during the day that i want to post, but of course I can't remember anything. i need to jot them down.... Alors, a tout a l'heure mes amis :) bisous!

2 comments:

  1. keep up the blogging :) post some pics girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, punky pie! I feel as if I'm living all that you are each and every day! what a treat for your ol' mom! Thank you. I'm so proud of you and sooooo happy that you are having this amazing experience! Treasure every moment as I do you! Love, hugs, and kisses...mom. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete