Friday, October 28, 2011

c'est booonnn ça

bonjour tous. we are nearing the end of our vacation : ( it went by too quickly. i slept and ate and drank a lot....oh wait that's every day. but it was really relaxing and nice to have nothing to do.

first of all, things i really really miss: (not in any order)

hash browns
grilled cheese
real chinese food
cereal and milk (even though it's available here i just dont eat it..)
in n out
big sizes of coffee
buddy
my bed
Davis 

 some recent happenings:

Todd, Ed, Max and I went to see Modeselektor last weekend! they're an techno group from Berlin.(is it nerdy to say techno? i dunno what to call them..) it was a lot of fun. The venue was cool, not too crowded- we got right up front with no problem! that would never happen back home. There were several funny occurrences that I can't really post on the blog. but we had a great time : ) and didn't get home til 5 30 AM, wooo party animaux! ; )
 During the week, i was une fille parreseuse (like I said).the weather has been rainy so I didn't have much motivation to go out. Oh one productive thing: I opened a French bank account! it was quite the process. we ended up making friends with the banker who helped us (or I should say he made friends with us...) and he even invited us to see his band play at a bar! So last night we went to see him. we were only there for about 15 minutes cause it was kind of lame. and i don't know if it's an idée genial to be partying with your banker. But afterwards, we went to a house party full of french people! I haven't been to a house party in a while. but it was lots of fun. there were actually a lot of British people there so it was kind of an anglo-francais fete. we learned a new drinking game that im totally bringing back home but it's too hard to explain right now.

Right now I'm the only one home- Deyuanne is in Italy and Laura has been in Spain. lucky filles! i miss them, it's lonely being the only colocatrice here. I pondered what noun to use for a while just now, because I dont really know what we are. renters? guests? californians? i guess a mix of all three, but 'colocatrice' en francais seems to sum it up.

I have to get my fesse in gear and start working on a paper for my French litterature class. i would really rather have hot needles poked in my eyeballs than do this but that's what Im here to do so lezzzdoooeeeet! this is my way of self-motivation. i dunno if its working.


Oh oh happy almost halloween!!! halloween doesn't really exist here, although supposedly it's becoming more popular. but we are going to try to make it happen in Bordeaux, costumes and all. my lovely mom sent me a little halloween care package, with socks and a pencil and eraser (she's a true teacher). and a cute card :) it made me so happy! merci mom if you're reading this!

Missing CA but loving France :) gros bisous mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment